Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Calpine ( CPN) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Calpine fell $0.22 (-1.1%) to $19.02 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,998,005 shares of Calpine exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,076,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $18.95-$19.22 after having opened the day at $19.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.24. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), down 3.0%, U.S. Geothermal ( HTM), down 2.4%, Pure Cycle Corporation ( PCYO), down 1.9% and Enersis ( ENI), down 1.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Calpine Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.