Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. LinkedIn ( LNKD) pushed the Internet industry lower today making it today's featured Internet laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, LinkedIn fell $7.20 (-2.9%) to $238.93 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,243,719 shares of LinkedIn exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,854,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $237.50-$243.42 after having opened the day at $240.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $246.13. Other companies within the Internet industry that declined today were: Professional Diversity Network ( IPDN), down 5.0%, ChinaNet Online Holdings ( CNET), down 3.2%, support.com ( SPRT), down 3.1% and Tucows ( TCX), down 2.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full LinkedIn Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.