Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PartnerRe ( PRE) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, PartnerRe fell $1.33 (-1.5%) to $87.18 on average volume. Throughout the day, 633,012 shares of PartnerRe exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 516,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $87.16-$88.57 after having opened the day at $88.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $88.51. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Hallmark Financial Services ( HALL), down 3.4%, Imperial Holdings ( IFT), down 3.2%, First Acceptance Corporation ( FAC), down 2.9% and Citizens ( CIA), down 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full PartnerRe Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.