Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation ( COG) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation fell $0.50 (-1.2%) to $39.43 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,492,129 shares of Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,444,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $38.95-$39.99 after having opened the day at $39.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.93. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), down 29.6%, Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), down 14.3%, Atlatsa Resources ( ATL), down 12.3% and China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), down 10.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.