Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cisco Systems ( CSCO) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Cisco Systems rose $0.29 (1.2%) to $23.77 on average volume. Throughout the day, 27,225,687 shares of Cisco Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 35,410,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $23.50-$23.92 after having opened the day at $23.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.48. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: LiveDeal ( LIVE), up 22.6%, Hanwha SolarOne ( HSOL), up 16.4%, JA Solar Holdings Co. ADR ( JASO), up 15.9% and Amtech Systems ( ASYS), up 15.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Cisco Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.