Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Yahoo ( YHOO) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Yahoo rose $0.29 (1.0%) to $28.07 on light volume. Throughout the day, 8,707,842 shares of Yahoo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16,495,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $27.60-$28.12 after having opened the day at $27.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.78. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: LiveDeal ( LIVE), up 22.6%, ChinaCache International Holdings ( CCIH), up 12.1%, Net Element International ( NETE), up 8.0% and Yelp ( YELP), up 6.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Yahoo Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.