Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Aflac ( AFL) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Aflac rose $0.79 (1.4%) to $58.95 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,574,131 shares of Aflac exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,274,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $58.12-$59.38 after having opened the day at $58.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.16. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: American Independence Corporation ( AMIC), up 16.2%, National Interstate Corporation ( NATL), up 3.6%, CNO Financial Group ( CNO), up 3.5% and Arthur J. Gallagher ( AJG), up 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Aflac Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.