Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Caterpillar ( CAT) pushed the Industrial industry higher today making it today's featured industrial winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Caterpillar rose $1.03 (1.2%) to $83.54 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,415,002 shares of Caterpillar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,979,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $82.30-$83.74 after having opened the day at $82.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $82.51. Other companies within the Industrial industry that increased today were: China Valves Technology ( CVVT), up 12.7%, Euro Tech Holdings Company ( CLWT), up 11.6%, Ballard Power Systems ( BLDP), up 9.5% and China BAK Battery ( CBAK), up 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Caterpillar Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.