Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Medtronic ( MDT) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Medtronic rose $1.11 (2.1%) to $53.20 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 11,237,356 shares of Medtronic exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,949,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $52.86-$53.49 after having opened the day at $53.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.09. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: Rochester Medical Corporation ( ROCM), up 44.2%, Rockwell Medical ( RMTI), up 8.8%, Mazor Robotics ( MZOR), up 7.0% and Medical Action Industries ( MDCI), up 6.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Medtronic Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.