Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Halliburton Company ( HAL) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Halliburton Company rose $0.78 (1.6%) to $49.08 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,081,747 shares of Halliburton Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,736,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $48.48-$49.41 after having opened the day at $48.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.30. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Gastar Exploration ( GST), up 9.8%, Ivanhoe Energy ( IVAN), up 8.4%, Magnum Hunter Resources Corportion ( MHR), up 6.2% and Goodrich Petroleum ( GDP), up 5.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Halliburton Company Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.