Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Merck ( MRK) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.8%. By the end of trading, Merck rose $0.47 (1.0%) to $47.68 on light volume. Throughout the day, 9,434,855 shares of Merck exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,693,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $47.11-$47.88 after having opened the day at $47.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.21. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Genvec ( GNVC), up 80.5%, GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 61.4%, Astex Pharmaceuticals ( ASTX), up 23.8% and Amicus Therapeutics ( FOLD), up 13.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Merck Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.