Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Lorillard ( LO) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Lorillard rose $0.58 (1.4%) to $42.66 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,340,113 shares of Lorillard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,415,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $42.02-$42.78 after having opened the day at $42.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.08. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Fuwei Films (Holdings ( FFHL), up 31.8%, Standard Register Company ( SR), up 17.3%, Castle Brands Incorporated ( ROX), up 15.8% and G-III Apparel Group ( GIII), up 14.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Lorillard Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.