Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. 3M ( MMM) pushed the Conglomerates sector higher today making it today's featured conglomerates winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, 3M rose $1.33 (1.2%) to $114.55 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,307,965 shares of 3M exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,342,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $113.08-$114.86 after having opened the day at $113.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $113.22. Other companies within the Conglomerates sector that increased today were: AcelRx Pharmaceuticals ( ACRX), up 5.5%, MGT Capital Investments ( MGT), up 4.7%, Dex Media ( DXM), up 4.1% and Leucadia National Corporation ( LUK), up 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full 3M Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.