Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. ConocoPhillips ( COP) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, ConocoPhillips rose $0.87 (1.3%) to $67.66 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,514,321 shares of ConocoPhillips exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,774,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $66.71-$68.10 after having opened the day at $66.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $66.79. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Harmony Gold Mining ( HMY), up 10.5%, Gastar Exploration ( GST), up 9.8%, Entree Gold ( EGI), up 9.0% and Synthesis Energy Sys ( SYMX), up 8.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full ConocoPhillips Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.