Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Johnson Controls ( JCI) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Johnson Controls rose $0.85 (2.1%) to $41.39 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,514,986 shares of Johnson Controls exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,762,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $40.49-$41.49 after having opened the day at $40.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.54. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Tata Motors ( TTM), up 5.3%, General Motors ( GM), up 5.0%, Motorcar Parts of America ( MPAA), up 4.5% and American Axle & Mfg Holdings ( AXL), up 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Johnson Controls Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.