Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, is set to expand its imagePROGRAF large format S-Series printers, adding the 44-inch iPF8400S and 24-inch iPF6400S printers, which will offer enhanced print management and color control capabilities, versus the previous models. The new printers are designed to aid graphic arts providers in maximizing productivity while printing their jobs, helping to ensure output is consistent and accurate. In addition, the new imagePROGRAF models boast features with the ability to help ensure color consistency of an entire fleet of iPFX400 series printers across multiple office locations and environments. With the ability to execute high-volume, reliable output, it is well-suited for print service providers and in-plant operations that receive frequent, large-quantity requests from clients with high-standards for color consistency. “The color calibration capabilities of our newest imagePROGRAF models arm providers with an advantage in today’s highly competitive production printing market,” said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Marketing, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. “These machines are designed to excel in demanding industry segments, and we are confident that our customers will be impressed with their efficient, accurate and consistent management of high-volume print jobs enabled by the calibration capabilities and print management features included in these models.” Color Management and Control Maintaining consistent, reliable output is an important control requirement of industry service providers. The 44-inch iPF8400S and 24-inch iPF6400S printers feature an enhanced color calibration system that can help ensure consistency while offering flexibility.
- Multi-Sensor: The iPFX400S printers are equipped with an upgraded multi-sensor versus the prior model, using a three-color LED and recently developed condenser lens to help improve recalibration and maintain an average printer-to-printer color difference of ΔE00 ≤ 2.0. In addition, this process can be performed using lightweight paper, reducing the amount of ink used and time needed for drying versus the prior models.
- SU-21 Spectrophotometer: An option for the 24-inch iPF6400S printer, the spectrophotometer can be used to drive the calibration of an entire network of iPFX400S printers, helping significantly reduce the amount of time spent configuring a fleet and helping maximize the productivity of each device. Since only one spectrophotometer is needed, this is also an efficient and cost-effective approach to managing color.
- Color Calibration Management Console (CCMC): This software application provides system-wide color management control, from a single PC, helping streamline the distribution of color measurement data across a fleet of iPFX400S printers.
- Remote Functionality: Administrators are notified in real-time when tasks are finished or if an error occurs.
- Scheduled Color Check: Users can save time and expedite printing processes as this feature can automatically perform regular color checks on dates and times scheduled by the user.
- High-Capacity Ink System: The iPF6400S printer now has the ability to use 300ml ink tanks, while the iPF8400S can accommodate 330ml and 700ml ink tanks. In addition, Canon’s unique sub-ink tank system in both models allows ink to be replaced while prints are in-progress helping ensure jobs can be completed virtually seamlessly.
- Efficient Printing Capabilities: Each of the new imagePROGRAF printers also features a unique print-head configuration that enables high-quality printing with fewer total passes from its previous model. With a built-in 250GB hard drive, data can be stored and retrieved directly from the printer so frequently placed jobs can be completed without needing to resend documents.
- Included Software Solutions: Canon’s new imagePROGRAF S-Series printers are equipped with tools that help foster productivity, monitor costs and expand the range of output options. For example, the Accounting Manager Feature tracks customer consumable costs, while a variety of plug-ins support different data files and output. With the Direct Print & Share cloud-based portal solution*, file-sharing is enhanced so printing and processing documents is easier and more streamlined than with prior models.
* You must open a Google Cloud account to take advantage of the cloud functionality. Storage capacity and any pricing thereof is based on Google’s current offering and is at Google's discretion. Your Google Cloud account is subject to Google’s terms and conditions, which is subject to change at Google's discretion. Neither Canon, Inc., nor Canon U.S.A., Inc. represents or warrants any third party product, service or feature referenced hereunder.All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners. Availability, prices, and specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.