Febreze has launched the new Febreze Sleep Serenity collection, the brand’s first line of scents specifically designed for the bedroom. The brand has partnered with the National Sleep Foundation (NSF) and Alyssa Milano, star of the ABC television series Mistresses, to promote healthy sleep habits, with a focus on adult bedtime routines that help you relax. Feeling sleepy in the morning can have a lot to do with the way you prepared for bed the night before – and new information points to the role scent can play to help you get a better night’s sleep. “Everyone knows how important sleep is in our lives and to our well-being, but we also need to give our bedtime routine the attention it deserves,” said Milano. “My bedroom environment plays a big part in my sleep experience, so I’m delighted to work with Febreze to introduce the new Sleep Serenity collection. The soothing scents for the bedroom are the perfect way to set the stage for a peaceful night’s rest and help rekindle your relationship with sleep.” FEBREZE AND THE NATIONAL SLEEP FOUNDATION DISCOVER THE IMPORTANCE OF SCENT IN THE BEDROOMAccording to the 2013 International Bedroom Poll conducted by the National Sleep Foundation, 74 percent of respondents who said they went to sleep quickly every night or almost every night in the past two weeks said they felt more relaxed when their bedrooms had a fresh, pleasant scent. Researchers at Febreze also recognized the important role scent can play in achieving quality rest, and experimented with different fragrances to identify which scents consumers associated with sleep-enriching benefits. They found that lavender is known to decrease the heart rate and blood pressure resulting in a deep sleep and incorporating jasmine during sleep can increase levels of alertness throughout the next day. Joyful memories and reassuring feelings like the ones evoked from smelling milk and honey induce the production of serotonin, which creates the sensation of well-being and relaxation. This research led to the launch of the Febreze Sleep Serenity collection.
ALYSSA MILANO SHARES HER TIPS FOR AN INDULGENT AND RELAXING BEDTIME ROUTINEGetting ready for bed can be an indulgent and gratifying experience, so here are some of Alyssa’s sleep tips to help you fall in love with sleep every night:
- Beauty sleep is a real thing! Make it a priority.
- Make your bedroom you and your partner’s personal space, where you can indulge in a relaxing bedtime routine without interruptions.
- Carve out time in your evening for a long shower our bubble bath to unwind.
- Use Febreze Sleep Serenity scents to create a soothing and relaxing bedtime environment. For an indulgent experience, spritz your sheets and comforter with the Febreze Sleep Serenity Bedding Refresher to infuse your whole room with the scent of lavender.
- Wear something that makes you feel great – I wear my hubby’s shirt for bedtime! It makes me feel comfy as we snuggle into bed.