Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Hillshire Brands ( HSH) pushed the Food & Beverage industry lower today making it today's featured Food & Beverage laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Hillshire Brands fell $0.53 (-1.6%) to $31.78 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,903,163 shares of Hillshire Brands exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,166,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.61-$32.74 after having opened the day at $32.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.31. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that declined today were: Monster Beverage ( MNST), down 5.9%, MGP Ingredients ( MGPI), down 4.0%, Tianli Agritech ( OINK), down 3.8% and Reeds ( REED), down 3.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Hillshire Brands Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.