Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ventas ( VTR) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Ventas fell $0.69 (-1.1%) to $61.57 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,759,534 shares of Ventas exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,725,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $61.00-$62.94 after having opened the day at $62.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.26. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Bank Bradesco ( BBDO), down 19.3%, Paulson Capital ( PLCC), down 14.5%, IFM Investments ( CTC), down 11.0% and VelocityShares 3x Inverse Silver ETN S&P GS ( DSLV), down 10.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ventas Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.