Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Patterson-UTI Energy ( PTEN) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Patterson-UTI Energy fell $0.48 (-2.5%) to $19.11 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,491,231 shares of Patterson-UTI Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,451,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $18.83-$19.94 after having opened the day at $19.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.59. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: USEC ( USU), down 10.8%, Atlatsa Resources ( ATL), down 10.0%, Lone Pine Resources ( LPR), down 9.8% and Sonde Resources ( SOQ), down 9.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Patterson-UTI Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.