- Machine Clothing products and services for all non-paper applications including fiber cement, non-woven production and oil/gas drilling
- Roll services for all non-paper applications
- Pulp machine products and services
- Mechanical services for all applications globally – including paper
“Steve is a key new leader and will work in partnership with our existing business and commercial leaders to help us achieve short and long term growth in value for Xerium’s stakeholders.”Steve Johnston said, “I am excited to join Xerium at this time and look forward to creating value for our company, customers and investors. Xerium is well positioned to achieve its short and long term objectives due to our people, products and services. By bringing all of these components together, we can create exceptional levels of customer value, service and loyalty.” Steve Johnston Background Highlights
- 25 years of sales, management and leadership experience as a supplier/partner to global manufacturers in non-woven, film-making, medical packaging, consumer packaging, and flexible packaging markets.
- Has spent the last 15 years as a commercial leader at Berry Plastics (acquired Pliant Corporation in December 2009) where his responsibilities included setting product development agendas, contract negotiations, pricing, maintaining existing accounts, and driving new business at new accounts. He led multiple markets and most recently was in charge of a $135MM business area focused on Medical and Personal Care packaging in the US and Latin America.
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Management from Georgia State University
- Served in the United States Army and United States Army Reserve – 11 th Group Special Forces and 3 rd Army. Served in Operation Desert Storm on active duty.
- Married with 2 children.
FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTSThis press release contains forward-looking statements. The words “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “anticipate,” “goals,” variations of such words, and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements, but their absence does not mean that the statement is not forward-looking. Forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, both known and unknown, that may cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated. These risks and uncertainties include the following items: (1) our plans to accelerate growth in non-paper markets may not be as successful as we anticipate; (2) the market for our non-paper products and services is subject to the broader economic health in the regions which we serve; and (3) the other risks and uncertainties discussed elsewhere in this press release, our Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012, our Form 10-Qs for the quarters ended March 31, 2013 and June 30, 2013 and our other SEC filings. If any of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or if our underlying assumptions prove to be incorrect, actual results may vary significantly from what we projected. Any forward-looking statement in this press release reflects our current views with respect to future events. Except as required by law, we assume no obligation to publicly update or revise these forward-looking statements for any reason, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise. Copies of our SEC filings are available from the SEC and in the investor relations section of our website at www.xerium.com.