Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Amazon.com ( AMZN) pushed the Internet industry lower today making it today's featured Internet laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Amazon.com fell $3.00 (-1.1%) to $280.98 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,443,148 shares of Amazon.com exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,689,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $280.00-$284.87 after having opened the day at $284.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $283.98. Other companies within the Internet industry that declined today were: Deltathree ( DDDC), down 10.0%, ChinaNet Online Holdings ( CNET), down 9.0%, Mediabistro ( MBIS), down 7.4% and ChinaCache International Holdings ( CCIH), down 7.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Amazon.com Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.