Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alexion Pharmaceuticals ( ALXN) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Alexion Pharmaceuticals fell $1.54 (-1.4%) to $107.76 on light volume. Throughout the day, 457,470 shares of Alexion Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,578,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $107.29-$109.99 after having opened the day at $109.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $109.30. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Pingtan Marine Enterprise ( PME), down 12.4%, Acasti Pharma ( ACST), down 12.0%, Thermogenesis Corporation ( KOOL), down 11.7% and USMD Holdings ( USMD), down 10.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Alexion Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.