Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Total ( TOT) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Total fell $0.70 (-1.2%) to $55.31 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,549,584 shares of Total exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,401,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $55.06-$55.60 after having opened the day at $55.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.01. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Apco Oil and Gas International ( APAGF), down 8.6%, Syntroleum Corporation ( SYNM), down 6.1%, Genie Energy Ltd Class B ( GNE), down 6.1% and Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), down 5.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Total Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.