Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Vertex Pharmaceuticals ( VRTX) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Vertex Pharmaceuticals fell $2.10 (-2.7%) to $75.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,656,836 shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,515,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $74.83-$77.86 after having opened the day at $77.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.25. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Acasti Pharma ( ACST), down 12.0%, Aratana Therapeutics ( PETX), down 10.2%, TrovaGene ( TROV), down 9.5% and OxiGene ( OXGN), down 9.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Vertex Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.