Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Valspar Corporation ( VAL) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Valspar Corporation fell $1.12 (-1.8%) to $62.16 on average volume. Throughout the day, 456,223 shares of Valspar Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 539,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $62.06-$63.45 after having opened the day at $63.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.28. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: REX American Resources ( REX), down 7.0%, Gevo ( GEVO), down 6.1%, Aceto Corporation ( ACET), down 4.5% and Methes Energies International ( MEIL), down 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Valspar Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.