Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Phillips 66 ( PSX) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, Phillips 66 fell $0.62 (-1.1%) to $57.10 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,631,291 shares of Phillips 66 exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,825,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $56.94-$58.50 after having opened the day at $57.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.72. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), down 19.1%, Entree Gold ( EGI), down 12.8%, Midway Gold ( MDW), down 9.7% and Tasman Metals ( TAS), down 8.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Phillips 66 Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.