Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. DISH Network ( DISH) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, DISH Network rose $0.60 (1.4%) to $44.96 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,827,693 shares of DISH Network exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,616,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.55-$45.53 after having opened the day at $44.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.36. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: VisionChina Media ( VISN), up 12.4%, YOU On Demand Holdings ( YOD), up 3.3%, Bona Film Group ( BONA), up 2.9% and Dolan ( DM), up 2.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full DISH Network Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.