Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Radian Group ( RDN) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Radian Group rose $0.34 (2.6%) to $13.55 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 8,862,485 shares of Radian Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,886,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $13.49-$14.10 after having opened the day at $13.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.21. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: HCI Group ( HCI), up 12.6%, Independence Holding Company ( IHC), up 7.8%, Donegal Group ( DGICB), up 3.9% and Federated National ( FNHC), up 2.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Radian Group Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.