Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Carter's ( CRI) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Carter's rose $2.64 (3.7%) to $73.64 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,573,887 shares of Carter's exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 526,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $71.60-$75.08 after having opened the day at $71.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $71.00. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Verso Paper ( VRS), up 13.5%, Kid Brands ( KID), up 13.0%, Global-Tech Advanced Innovations ( GAI), up 11.3% and Cobra Electronics Corporation ( COBR), up 6.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Carter's Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.