Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. HCP ( HCP) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, HCP fell $0.42 (-1.0%) to $40.78 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,808,823 shares of HCP exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,150,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $40.54-$41.11 after having opened the day at $41.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.20. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Roberts Realty Investors ( RPI), down 8.0%, Vestin Realty Mortgage II ( VRTB), down 5.6%, Vestin Realty Mortgage I ( VRTA), down 5.3% and Elbit Imaging ( EMITF), down 3.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full HCP Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.