Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Monster Beverage ( MNST) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Monster Beverage fell $0.68 (-1.2%) to $56.98 on light volume. Throughout the day, 936,079 shares of Monster Beverage exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,563,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $56.93-$57.89 after having opened the day at $57.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.66. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Exceed Company ( EDS), down 5.4%, Craft Brew Alliance ( BREW), down 4.3%, Castle Brands Incorporated ( ROX), down 4.0% and Willamette Valley Vineyards ( WVVI), down 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Monster Beverage Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.