Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Seagate Technology ( STX) pushed the Computer Hardware industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Hardware laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Seagate Technology fell $0.78 (-2.0%) to $38.09 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,632,062 shares of Seagate Technology exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,654,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $37.17-$38.63 after having opened the day at $38.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.87. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that declined today were: Performance Technologies ( PTIX), down 9.2%, Overland Storage ( OVRL), down 3.2%, Dataram Corporation ( DRAM), down 3.1% and Western Digital Corporation ( WDC), down 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Seagate Technology Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.