Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. EOG Resources ( EOG) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, EOG Resources fell $2.37 (-1.5%) to $157.09 on light volume. Throughout the day, 931,849 shares of EOG Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,646,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $156.68-$159.30 after having opened the day at $158.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $159.46. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: China Precision Steel ( CPSL), down 7.7%, Mines Management ( MGN), down 6.8%, Minco Gold Corporation ( MGH), down 6.7% and BioAmber ( BIOA), down 6.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full EOG Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.