Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Verizon Communications ( VZ) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Verizon Communications rose $1.26 (2.7%) to $47.82 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 35,272,667 shares of Verizon Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,646,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $47.57-$48.66 after having opened the day at $48.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.56. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Alvarion ( ALVR), up 13.1%, Zoom Technologies ( ZOOM), up 12.6%, Deltathree ( DDDC), up 11.1% and B Communications ( BCOM), up 9.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Verizon Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.