Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Salesforce.com ( CRM) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Salesforce.com rose $0.87 (2.0%) to $43.65 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10,377,119 shares of Salesforce.com exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,763,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $42.11-$43.98 after having opened the day at $42.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.78. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Methode Electronics ( MEI), up 32.5%, Perceptron ( PRCP), up 25.0%, EGain ( EGAN), up 20.1% and ChinaNet Online Holdings ( CNET), up 17.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Salesforce.com Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.