Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Yamana Gold ( AUY) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Yamana Gold rose $0.25 (2.2%) to $11.52 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,257,314 shares of Yamana Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,152,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $10.92-$11.67 after having opened the day at $11.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.27. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), up 19.9%, McEwen Mining ( MUX), up 12.1%, Tanzanian Royalty Exploration Corporation ( TRX), up 8.6% and Sterlite Industries (India ( SLT), up 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Yamana Gold Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.