Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Comcast ( CMCSA) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Comcast rose $0.52 (1.2%) to $42.44 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,576,061 shares of Comcast exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,873,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $41.72-$42.71 after having opened the day at $41.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.92. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: ChinaNet Online Holdings ( CNET), up 17.5%, Noah Education Holdings ( NED), up 10.7%, Insignia Systems ( ISIG), up 10.3% and Monster Worldwide ( MWW), up 8.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Comcast Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.