Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Actavis ( ACT) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Actavis rose $3.26 (2.5%) to $135.37 on light volume. Throughout the day, 721,653 shares of Actavis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,193,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $131.56-$135.88 after having opened the day at $132.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $132.11. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 33.1%, Acasti Pharma ( ACST), up 15.4%, Pingtan Marine Enterprise ( PME), up 15.0% and Unilife Corporation ( UNIS), up 10.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Actavis Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.