Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ameriprise Financial ( AMP) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Ameriprise Financial rose $0.97 (1.1%) to $87.11 on light volume. Throughout the day, 810,879 shares of Ameriprise Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,161,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $85.65-$87.92 after having opened the day at $85.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.14. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Anchor Bancorp ( ANCB), up 11.2%, National Bank of Greece ( NBG), up 10.0%, ZipRealty ( ZIPR), up 8.4% and Bank Bradesco ( BBDO), up 8.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ameriprise Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.