Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Kinder Morgan ( KMI) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Kinder Morgan rose $0.73 (2.0%) to $37.84 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,038,094 shares of Kinder Morgan exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,001,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.82-$37.84 after having opened the day at $37.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.11. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Lone Pine Resources ( LPR), up 7.8%, Apco Oil and Gas International ( APAGF), up 7.8%, Sonde Resources ( SOQ), up 6.5% and Emerge Energy Services ( EMES), up 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Kinder Morgan Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.