Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Biogen Idec ( BIIB) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Biogen Idec rose $4.42 (2.1%) to $214.13 on light volume. Throughout the day, 838,706 shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,417,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $209.03-$217.07 after having opened the day at $209.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $209.71. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 33.1%, Acasti Pharma ( ACST), up 15.4%, Curis ( CRIS), up 8.6% and Delcath Systems ( DCTH), up 8.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.