Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Motors ( GM) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, General Motors rose $0.53 (1.6%) to $34.45 on light volume. Throughout the day, 10,388,598 shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,463,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.81-$34.69 after having opened the day at $33.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.92. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Tandy Brands Accessories ( TBAC), up 13.2%, Hyster-Yale Materials Handling ( HY), up 9.7%, Joe's Jeans ( JOEZ), up 9.6% and Escalade ( ESCA), up 8.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.