Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Seadrill ( SDRL) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Seadrill rose $0.64 (1.4%) to $46.09 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,269,286 shares of Seadrill exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,255,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $45.48-$46.16 after having opened the day at $45.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.45. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), up 19.9%, McEwen Mining ( MUX), up 12.1%, Tanzanian Royalty Exploration Corporation ( TRX), up 8.6% and Lone Pine Resources ( LPR), up 7.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Seadrill Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.