Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Movado Group ( MOV) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Movado Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MOV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.4 million.
- MOV has traded 10,623 shares today.
- MOV is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MOV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MOV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MOV: Movado Group, Inc. designs, sources, markets, and distributes fine watches. It operates in two segments, Wholesale and Retail. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. MOV has a PE ratio of 16.7. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Movado Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Movado Group has been 116,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Movado Group has a market cap of $717.7 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 2.04 and a short float of 3.4% with 2.92 days to cover. Shares are up 36.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Movado Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels and compelling growth in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MOV's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- MOV has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.51, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 41.18% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MOV should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average. The net income increased by 23.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $6.63 million to $8.21 million.
- You can view the full Movado Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.