Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Equity Residential ( EQR) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Equity Residential fell $0.82 (-1.6%) to $52.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,485,635 shares of Equity Residential exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,965,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.86-$52.81 after having opened the day at $52.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.92. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: China HGS Real Estate ( HGSH), down 5.5%, Power REIT ( PW), down 4.1%, Armada Hoffler Properties ( AHH), down 4.0% and Optibase ( OBAS), down 4.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Equity Residential Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.