Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. AvalonBay Communities ( AVB) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, AvalonBay Communities fell $1.33 (-1.1%) to $124.45 on light volume. Throughout the day, 457,162 shares of AvalonBay Communities exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 758,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $123.87-$125.84 after having opened the day at $125.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $125.78. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Village Bank and Trust Financial Corporatio ( VBFC), down 7.4%, Ameriana Bancorp ( ASBI), down 7.0%, QIWI PLC ADR ( QIWI), down 6.9% and Valley Financial ( VYFC), down 6.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full AvalonBay Communities Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.