Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Agrium ( AGU) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Agrium fell $1.18 (-1.3%) to $86.86 on light volume. Throughout the day, 529,501 shares of Agrium exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 980,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $86.61-$88.00 after having opened the day at $88.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $88.04. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: China Gerui Advanced Materials Group ( CHOP), down 15.1%, Minco Gold Corporation ( MGH), down 10.3%, Ivanhoe Energy ( IVAN), down 9.6% and Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), down 8.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Agrium Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.