Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Credit Suisse Group ( CS) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Credit Suisse Group fell $0.33 (-1.1%) to $29.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,169,764 shares of Credit Suisse Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,101,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $29.10-$29.55 after having opened the day at $29.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.70. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: Village Bank and Trust Financial Corporatio ( VBFC), down 7.4%, Ameriana Bancorp ( ASBI), down 7.0%, Valley Financial ( VYFC), down 6.3% and Broadway Financial ( BYFC), down 5.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Credit Suisse Group Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.