Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trinity Industries ( TRN) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Trinity Industries rose $0.45 (1.1%) to $42.42 on light volume. Throughout the day, 627,965 shares of Trinity Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,403,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $42.00-$42.57 after having opened the day at $42.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.97. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Globus Maritime ( GLBS), up 14.9%, Paragon Shipping ( PRGN), up 11.8%, China Metro-Rural Holdings ( CNR), up 10.3% and Star Bulk Carriers ( SBLK), up 8.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Trinity Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.